Thursday 24 January 2013

Film 003 - Run Lola Run (1998)

'Lola Rennt'


Director - Tom Tykwer

"Every second of every day you're faced with a decision that can change your life"

At last I've hit the Big List but cheated again as I've seen this film many, many time before (ironically).

Lola (Franka Potente) and her boyfriend Manni (Moritz Bleibtreu) are having a really bad day - a matter of life and death kind of bad. Who can Lola turn to and what can she do with only 20 minutes to save the man she loves. Whatever she decides to do, she'd better run! And run. And run...

I have been a big fan of this film for years. I particularly enjoy spotting the differences between the alternative scenarios - if you’re a ‘Twin Pines Mall’ / ‘Lone Pine Mall’ kind of person you will too. And I'm pretty sure I know what the crucial difference in Lola's final 'run' is but then I sure there are many theories floating about so I'll let you make up your own mind.

Also, see how many spirals you can spot in the film - apparently a nod to Tykwer's favourite film 'Vertigo'...

Classic scene - Lola's final, possibly world altering, scream...

-

No comments:

Post a Comment