Monday 15 April 2013

Film 013 - Suspiria (1977)

'Suspiria'

Director - Dario Argento

"The only thing more terrifying than the last five minutes of this film are the first 90!"


There are some freaky things going down at the dance school! (And we’re not talking ‘The Kids from Fame’)
 
I’ve never been a big fan of horror movies but the good thing about a challenge like this is it makes you try something new. However, the Giallo style horror-flick is really not my thing. To me this looks like a Bonnie Tyler video, with a Prog Rock so...undtrack and a careless application of red poster paint! In fact it was the music from progressive rock band ‘The Goblins’ which put me off the most – it didn’t frighten me but I certainly felt as if my ears had been assaulted!

Classic scene – The chase through the school at night, ending in the room of wire (doesn’t every dance school have one?)...

-

No comments:

Post a Comment